Links & Slugs
- Links are the entire string of characters assigned to a post or page.
- Links are assigned automatically once you’ve published or scheduled a post or page.
- To create a unique link (URL) for a page, click the “Edit” button after the permalink and change the link name as desired. Make note, that multiple words should be separated with hyphens (eg: /website-manual/links-slugs/).
- Slugs are a segment of a link, identified by a forward slash. In the following link, “/website-manual” and “/links-slugs” are considered slugs:
- Cases in which knowledge of slugs is useful:
- assigning hyperlinks
- renaming a link
- creating hierarchies