Meeting room space is provided by the Itasca Community Library to further the library’s informational, cultural and recreational goals. One virtual meeting space is now available for outside groups through Zoom, a web-based software that requires a device and internet connection.
How It Works
- Submit a virtual meeting request using the form below.
- Receive confirmation of your meeting date and time.
- Receive a Zoom link for your meeting. The link can be shared with anyone you’d like to invite to your meeting.
What We Provide
- An overview of Zoom meeting controls and functions to the designated host 15 minutes before the meeting start time.
- Library staff will start your meeting, and then leave once it begins.
- Virtual meeting reservations must be made by an adult with a valid ICL library card.
- Meetings will take place during the library’s regular hours of operation.
- Each meeting is limited to 100 participants or less.
- All reservations are subject to approval. Please see our Meeting Room Policy for specifics.
Priority for Use
Priority for reserving the use of the meeting rooms is given in the following order:
1. Library-sponsored meetings, programs or events;
2. Meetings of municipalities, agencies, or departments of local government located within the library district boundaries;
3. Meetings of organizations whose purposes are educational, cultural, or civic in nature, and/or are classified as a not-for-profit 501 (c)(3);
4. Businesses within the district boundaries in need of space to conduct a meeting.
Meeting Request Form
When can I hold my meeting? Meetings can be held during regular library hours: Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday: 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.; and Tuesday and Thursday: 1 p.m. – 9 p.m.
How do I host a meeting? 15 minutes before your meeting start time, a library staff member will meet with you to review the functions of the Zoom host controls. These controls include:
- Mute/Unmute: This allows you to mute or unmute your microphone.
- Start/Stop Video: This allows you to start or stop your own video.
- Manage Participants: Opens the window to manage participants and invite others to join the meeting.
- Polling: Allows you to create, edit, and launch your polls. The options to create or launch polls will open the Zoom web portal in your default browser.
- Chat: Access the chat window to chat with the participants.
How many people can attend my meeting? Zoom can accommodate up to 100 people in a meeting.
How do I notify my group of the meeting? When your meeting is reserved, a Zoom meeting link will be sent to you. You can share the link with anyone you want to invite to your meeting.
Is Zoom secure? Privacy and security is always a concern, and we have taken steps to ensure your security while using Zoom.
- A password is always generated for your meeting.
- We encourage you not to publicly post your meeting invitation anywhere online. Email the meeting invitation only to those interested in the meeting or those whom you know are planning to attend.