- We accept passport applications by appointment only. Please call 630-773-1699 to schedule an appointment. Alternatively, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- If the appropriate passport agent is not available to take your call, we will return your call as soon as possible to schedule an appointment.
- The application process can take up to an hour or more per application. Please prepare accordingly, as you will be required to stay in the library while we review your application. You must provide us with a way to contact you at any point during the application process.
- Having all forms completed prior to coming to your appointment will decrease your wait time at the library. Making an appointment does not guarantee your appointment time if the necessary forms are not completed when you arrive for your appointment
- The person getting the passport must be present
- U.S. Department of State payment (check or money order)
- Itasca Community Library payment (cash, check, or money order)
- Application form DS-11 (filled out in black in only and not signed)
- Proof of U.S. citizenship
- Passport photo
- Original/certified birth certificate issued from a U.S. county or state OR your old passport OR your
naturalization certificate. (Birth certificate is required for children 15 and under.)
- Ages 18 and over need a valid driver’s license OR state ID OR valid passport OR recently issued
citizenship certificate. If out of state, secondary ID is required. Bring a photocopy of the front and
back of each ID document that you will present when you apply.
- Applicants 16-17 years of age need to appear with one parent (parent’s ID is needed). Both parents must be present with any child under the age of 16 applying for a passport.
- All forms must be completely filled out prior to appointment to save time.
- We do not accept passport renewals. Passport renewals can be submitted directly to the U.S. Dept. of State through the mail
- Visit travel.state.gov for more information and to print out the necessary forms