Consider these alternative avenues for information about vaccination availability:
Register for the DuPage County Vaccination update list
Contact the DuPage County Health Department at 630-682-7400
Check the following websites for vaccine locations:
Please be aware that these websites are vaccination site finders, not vaccine finders. They will list where vaccines are being provided, and in Illinois the majority of sites are Walgreens and Jewel-Osco stores. You will need to go to Walgreens’ or Jewel-Osco’s respective websites to secure a vaccine appointment. You can also call individual locations for help making an appointment.
What you need to know
- COVID-19 is a new strain in the coronavirus family of viruses. Symptoms include respiratory symptoms, fever, cough, shortness of breath, loss of sense of taste and smell, and breathing difficulties.
- To stay healthy, keep washing your hands. Wash your hands for at least 20 seconds each time.
- Social distancing is imperative to stop the spread of the virus. Stay at home as much as possible. Maintain a distance of six feet between yourself and others. Do not attend group gatherings.
- DuPage County is currently in Phase 4. You can find an outline of the phase here, and personal care information here.
- People over the age of 60 are most at risk. The following conditions also increase vulnerability: cardiovascular disease, diabetes, chronic respiratory disease, abnormally high blood pressure, and cancer.
- If you feel unwell but are not experiencing the previously stated symptoms, don’t panic. Maintain social distance and follow the same treatment strategies you normally would when experiencing a cold or flu-like illness.
- Illinois residents are required wear masks when in public.
If you want more facts and information about the virus, check out the resources below.
ILLINOIS CORONAVIRUS RESPONSE
Coronavirus website established by the State of Illinois: https://coronavirus.illinois.gov/s/
ILLINOIS COVID-19 HOTLINE
DUPAGE COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT
Information and updates: https://www.dupagehealth.org/590/Coronavirus-Disease-2019-COVID-19-Inform
Map of confirmed cases in DuPage County: https://www.dupagehealth.org/610/DuPage-County-COVID-19-Dashboard
Call Center: 630-221-7030, Monday–Saturday 8:00 a.m.–8:00 p.m., Sunday 10:00 a.m–6:00 p.m.
ILLINOIS DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC HEALTH (IDPH) COMMUNICABLE DISEASES
Call 217-782-2016 during business hours
Call 800-782-7860 after hours
If you contact IDPH first, you may be referred to the DuPage County Health Department.
To apply for food assistance, visit this website: http://www.dhs.state.il.us/page.aspx?item=30357
Itasca Food pantry: https://www.itascacares.org/pantry
Please see the VA’s website: https://www.va.gov/coronavirus-veteran-frequently-asked-questions/
We’ve compiled a list of mental health resources on our Helpful Websites page: https://www.itascalibrary.org/research/websites/health-medicine/
Information on how federal financial aid is affected can be found here: https://studentaid.gov/announcements-events/coronavirus
- Economic Impact Payment for Non-Filers: https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/non-filers-enter-payment-info-here
- Up-to-date infographics: https://informationisbeautiful.net/visualizations/covid-19-coronavirus-infographic-datapack/
- How social distancing can help “flatten the curve”: https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2020/world/corona-simulator/
- About Coronavirus from the World Health Organization: https://www.who.int/health-topics/coronavirus
- News and information from the Center of Disease Control: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html