On November 8, teens in 6th grade and up participated in a blind taste-test. They ate, reviewed, and rated local area pizza donated by six different pizzerias. For equal comparison, all pizzas were thin-crust cheese and the teens had to rate the crust, cheese, sauce, and overall taste. The overwhelming winner was Domino’s Pizza! The runner-up was Giordano’s.
A big “Thank You!” to the following pizza places that generously donated pizza for this event. Please visit these businesses and check out their pizza for yourself!
- Casale Pizza (Itasca)
- Domino’s Pizza (Wood Dale)
- Giordano’s (Addison)
- Marino’s Pizza and Pasta (Wood Dale)
- Rosati’s Pizza (Elk Grove Village)
- Tree-Guys Pizza Pub (Itasca)
Some additional comments from the teens:
- “I love it!” (Giordano’s pizza) – Jennifer
- “The crust was fab.” (Casale’s pizza) – Gwendolyn
- “Favorite Pizza!” (Domino’s pizza) – Emily
- “Everything blended together was good.” (Tree-Guys pizza) – Henry
- “The cheese was great.” (Rosati’s pizza) – Gwendolyn
- “Best pizza ever.” (Domino’s pizza) – Christina
- “Yum.” (Marino’s pizza) – Gwendolyn